I have been collaborating with RBI Sport, organizer of Breslau Poland, as a photographer for more than 10 years. For me, every year it is always a great thrill to be able to tell this legendary event with my photographs. This year was a special edition!
This 26th edition of Breslau Poland was no less than the previous ones. In addition to being the oldest race in Europe, this year with its 404 registered and 397 teams competing, it was the biggest international off-road event this year. When Alexander Kovatchev called me before the competition to tell me that I would be the Press Officer of this Mega Edition, I accepted this important role, aware of the great responsibility of this role and at the same time honored by the trust placed in me.
You know that I like to tell the emotions about races, so here is my final press release of Breslau Poland 2021.
Photography and story by Paolo Baraldi
We are at the end of this amazing adventure that the Mega Edition of Breslau Poland has given us. We return to our homes with a full suitcase of emotions and memories that only those who can say "I was there!" can understand completely.
Breslau Poland: a race for the bravest and most daring European offroaders
Since its beginning, Breslau has been a race for the bravest and most daring European offroaders. Over the years, the race has been able to evolve and keep up with the new trends in the off-road world without losing that spirit of its origins and being in effect a competition for the most daring European teams.
Participating in Breslau is an honor, finishing Breslau is a pride and getting on the podium in Breslau is one of the most important awards in the off-road world.
Breslau Poland is the biggest international off-road event this year
This 26th edition of Breslau Poland was no less than the previous ones. In addition to being the oldest race in Europe, this year with its 404 registered and 397 teams competing, it is the biggest international off-road event this year.
In these 5 days of competition, 1455km were covered in the Cross Country category, while in the Extreme 1300km. But it's not just the length of the race that makes Breslau challenging and difficult. It is the sandy and winding tracks, the narrow tracks in the forest, the navigation that must be precise, the hard marathion day with the night stage and, for the Extreme, the insidious and impregnable swamps and marshes that make Breslau Poland the legend that a all effects is.
Those who, after all these efforts and pitfalls, managed to overcome the finish arc at the Gwda Wielka camp are a true hero and we are proud to be able to say that we have the best European drivers and teams.
Podiums of each class of this Mega Edition of Breslau
The spectacular scenery of the Gwda Wielka bivouac overlooking Lake Wielimie was the backdrop to the Breslau Poland 2021 awards ceremony which honored and paid tribute to the winners of each category. But let's not hesitate any longer and let's discover the podiums of each class of this Mega Edition of Breslau.
Arunas Gelazninkas is the big winner in the bike class of Breslau Poland 2021!
Breslau Poland 2021: overall top 3 BIKES:
1. Arunas Gelazninkas,#62 Husqvarna, Lithuania
2. Matthew Gird, #18 GasGas, Germany
3. Peter Karpati, #605 KTM, Hungary
Remigiusz Kusy is the winner in the quad class of Breslau Poland 2021!
Breslau Poland 2021: overall top 3 QUADS:
1. Remigiusz Kusy, #32 CAN-AM, Poland
2. Daniel Pingwin, #2 Polaris, Poland
3. Antanas Kanopkinas, #27 CFMOTO, Lithuania
Michal Szczurtek and Jaroslaw Szylkowski are the big winners in the SSV class of Breslau Poland 2021!
Breslau Poland 2021: overall top 3 SSV:
1. Michal Szczurtek / Jaroslaw Szylkowski, #196 Polaris, Poland
2. Tomas Guzauskas / Andrius Matuolis, #114 Can Am, Lithuania
3. Jacek Zak / Artur Kordala, #147 Can-Am, Poland
Rik Van Den Brink and Gydo Heimans from Nederlands took the win in Cross Country Open car class of Breslau Poland 2021
Breslau Poland 2021: overall top 3 Cars CC Open:
1. Rik Van Den Brink / Gydo Heimans, #270 Toyota, Nederlands
2. Ronald Van Loon / Erik Lemmen, #225 Nissan, Nederlands
3. Frank Stensky / Alexander Tasch, #201 Mercedes, Germany
Breslau Poland 2021: overall top 3 Cars CC Limited:
1. Andreas Hoehn / Torsten Volk, #204 Toyota, Germany
2. Lukasz Kotulski / Sebastian Kotulski, #259 Land Rover, Poland
3. Uwe Goetzel / Thomas Hofmann, #218 Mitsubishi, Germany
Breslau Poland 2021: overall top 3 Cars EX Open:
1. Hardo Mere / Lauri Junkin, #302 HM7 Proto, Estonia
2. Carsten Danne (Germany) / Tomasz Janik (Poland), #322 Suzuki
3. Willem Jan Vellinga / Bokke Nijdam, #330 Jeep Buggy, Nederlands
Breslau Poland 2021: overall top 3 Cars EX Limited:
1. Maciej Pelc / Beata Pelc, #304 Nissan, Poland
2. Radoslaw Kotulski / Marcin Wierzejewski, #326 Land Rover, Poland
3. Ronny Van Baal / Dominique Bovens, #331 Toyota, Nederlands
Breslau Poland 2021: overall top 3 Trucks CC >7.5T:
1. Wiliam Van Groningen / Co De Wit / Marco Van Oevern, #403 Iveco, Nederlands
2. Tom Heurer / Christoph Tum / Marco Richter, #401 Tatra, Germany
3. Aad Van Velsen / Raph Van Den Elshout / Michel Van Velsen, #404 Scania, Nederlands
Breslau Poland 2021: overall Trucks CC <7.5T:
1. Marino Mutti / Andrea Mazzoleni, #405 Unimog, Italy
2. Rob Smit / Fredo Smit, #407 Unimog, Nederlands
Breslau Poland 2021: overall top 3 Trucks EX <7.5T:
1. Felix Muellenheim / Michael Muellenheim / Boris Glawe, #451 Unimog, Germany
2. Stefen Braun / Patrick Toepfer / Christian Koepke, #454 Unimog, Germany
3. Alfred Wemhoff / Robert Goeschel, #468 Umimog, Germany
Breslau Poland 2021: overall top 3 Trucks EX >7.5T:
1. Kay Messner / Nico Huth / Anja Wilhelm, #453 MAN, Germany
2. Silvio Menz / Maximilian Rexhaeuser / Anke Rexhaeuser, #471 MAN, Germany
3. Robert Striebe / Martin Tomke / Steffen Klotz, #462 MAN, Germany
Let’s have a look at the key figures of Rallye Breslau Poland 2021
The Mega Edition of Rallye Breslau took place from June 28 to July 2.
The oldest off-road rally in Europe is simultaneously the biggest international off-road event this year.
With more than 25 years of history Rallye Breslau accommodate an unprecedented number of competitors.
404 entrants, 397 teams in race:
90 Cross Country cars
32 Extreme cars
30 Cross Country trucks
17 Extreme trucks
31 Vehicles in the non-racing category Discovery
The first bivouac, Camp 1 with its 200 000 sq.m. is accommodating 1600 people and 1000 vehicles.
It's nearly a Breslau City!
On the agenda stay
Rally days (Legs): 5 (Monday 28 June to Friday 2 July)
Number of Selective Sections: 10
Cross Country: 1455 km
Extreme: 1300 km
Categories: Cross Country, Extreme and Discovery
Vehicles: Bike Enduro, Quad, SSV, Car and Truck
Orga crew: 150 persons
Medics: 14 persons
RBI Media: 20 persons
Special thanks to the dedicated sponsors:
Euro4x4parts.com - Pièces et équipement 4x4
Gladiator Offroad Technik